Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Holbrook Canyon in Snow

As you may have gathered from my last post, a week ago Sunday we woke up to snow everywhere, in fine "in like a lion" March tradition. It frosted trees as far as the eye could see, and the morning dawned clear and cold, with bright sunlight everywhere. Since our church does not start until 1:00 in the afternoon, Kate and I headed out to Holbrook Canyon on a photo expedition. The canyon sits right across from the Bountiful temple.


I spent every free moment of my youth in this canyon, trapsing up and down with a fishing pole in hand, even in weather like this.   Of course, the temple was not there then, and half the canyon has been obliterated by the ugly scar of Bountiful Boulevard, but it still holds some of my fondest memories, and is somehow very connected to the person I have become. 


I am so excited to bring Kate and the boys back here, and do it all over again. It may not beat the Marin Headlands for beauty, but it is home.

7 comments:

The Molen's said...

Your pictures really are beautiful. I am happy you get to share your home with your kids!

Rooster said...

Those are the hills that raised me. I have seen the snow stick to the trees like that only a few times. You really captured it well. How do you like your new job? I am going to Marin in June to ride with Chris Drew. I also found a few of our young men on facebook and have made contact. Drew

Katie said...

Gorgeous shots, Bishop! Makes me miss Utah too.

Bethany said...

Um, that is absolutely breath-taking. You continually amaze me!

Natalie N said...

Wow. You take the greatest pictures! I LOVE that one of the temple. So pure and beautiful, just like the inside.
Take care!

Shanana said...

What an etherial quality you have captured. Those could be straight out of a Narnia movie set. SO BEAUTIFUL!

Lainie said...

OK if that isn't a winter wonderland, then I don't know what is! WOW!! Thanks for the gorgeous pix. I love living life through other's eyes! Thanks to the blogging world for that one!