Six months ago Uncle Salty Pants had the foresight to schedule a group campsite at Albion Basin Campground for this past weekend. I don't have time to write a lot, but will say this:
- More wildflowers than you ever have the right to see in your lifetime: check
- Great alpine hiking: check
- 105 degrees in Salt Lake Valley, 78 degrees at the campground: check
- Ptarmigan anxiously watching her chicks crossing the road: check
- Rufous colored Marmots: check
- More ground squirrels than you can throw a rock at trying to steal your lunch: check
- Giant moose with velvety antlers: check
- Mountain lake to dip your toes in on a hot day: check
- Happy children and very good company: check
- 24 blissful hours without thinking about work: check
World's cutest camper, right there.
White Columbine at the campground.
The cousins and Devils Castle.
The Lunch Thief.
Cousins holding hands. Cracks me up.
I can't tell you how much I needed that this weekend. I am ever thankful for those tender mercies.