Thursday, July 16, 2009

Its Happened

Well, the bomb dropped at work this week: Flying J plans to "merge" with Pilot, its chief rival in the truck stop business, whose headquarters are in Knoxville Tennessee. Pilot's management will control the company, and as they say, "legal is a headquarters function." So long job. Don't know how long it will take, but I am deeply sad. It has been a great place to work, and I have had more fun being inside a company managing challenging issues than I have ever had in a workplace. It is hard to think you have finally found a home only to see it move away. Please keep my family in your prayers.

7 comments:

Missy said...

OUCH! So sorry to hear. One thing I have learned is that things will work out. With God, they always do :-)

Julie said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, Bret. I heard about the merger yesterday, and it's ramifications are far-reaching. My friend works for KSG, who supplies all the vidoes for the Flying J truck stops (clearly their largest account), so her job may come to an end as well. Not as significant for her as for you, but very sad nonetheless. I hope this door closing opens new opportunities for you somewhere else. My heart is with your family.

mb said...

Thinking of you all at this time. We definitely have a testimony that the Lord puts you where you need to be and you will be given all the growing opportunities available. You are surely in our prayers.

Cyrus and Annie said...

I am so sorry!!!

Candice said...

Bailey Family in our prayers- check. So sorry to hear the news. Please keep us posted.

Annie said...

Man! And you don't want to move to Knoxville I take it? I heard it's a pretty great place.
I'm so sorry that the best job you have ever had was so short lived. What a huge disappointment. All will work for your good though as you already know. We too are looking for employment. It's a funny place to be. We know everything will work out but there's that little "what if?" that keeps creeping into our heads that keeps us feeling unstable. These times are the ultimate test of our trust and faith in the Lord. You can count on the Baileys being in our daily prayers.

Lainie said...

OUCH! I'm so sorry. We'll definitely pray for the Beloved Baileys!!!