Sunday, August 18, 2013

One a week part 1


For better or worse, I just committed to post at least once a week here, to at least get one picture in, and one thought. I don't want the Blog to get stale, and in the process, I hope to preserve some memories. Hold me to it people.

I love the photo above.  We were in Kauai when Kate was about 4, staying at the Stuart's home there (they are so generous).  Kate may be the only one in the family who actually reads as much as my Dad does, and I think she will love reading for as long as he has.  I am so grateful for that.

This photo also seems most appropriate today.  I have been thinking about my Dad a lot, as has Kate.  His eyes essentially stopped functioning 2 months ago, due to a condition we now know as Myesthenia Gravis.  Imagine suddenly going effectively blind (he can't open his eyelids, and when he does, his eyes go all over the place), after living 75 years and loving reading, driving to visit, and exercising as much as my Dad has. He has been in the hospital for about 5 days now, and we have hope that medication will return his sight, but have been told it may be a long battle. We pray for him all the time.  He is so special to us, and I think probably to almost everyone who has ever met him for more than a few minutes. We love you Dad.


2 comments:

Julie said...

Gosh I am so sorry to hear this. Sending love and prayers your way.

Claudine Cable said...

My heart is with you.