Monday, November 10, 2008

WHAT A GREAT DAY!

Why would this rainy day Monday, in the middle of the most serious economic downturn of our lifetimes, be one of the greatest days ever, you ask?  Because my little man Alden was born this day four years ago!  Happy Birthday little buddy!  You may not know it, but it was hard work to get you into this world: your poor mom found out that her epidural only worked on the left side of her body as she went through a cesarian for you; and your poor dad had to watch your poor mom go through that!  (OK, OK, so maybe I got the better end of that deal, but it was one of the worst, most helpless feelings of my life.) 

Any way you look at it, though, you are totally worth it little buddy!  (I think I can even speak for your mom on that one . . . )  WE LOVE YOUR GUTS! (and the rest of you too, of course!)

Alden got a (and I better get this right or he will correct me) Force Action Changing Blade Color Light Saber for his birthday today. (Thanks Grandma & Grandpa!) He has been in heaven all day, and has slaughtered me at least 100 times.  He also learned how to use photobooth on our Mac, and created the images below himself.  The first one is worthy of any Star Wars creature, don't you think? 



1 comment:

Annie said...

Happy birthday little buddy. Looks like you need Vance to come fight off bad guys with you. :)