Sunday, November 7, 2010

Thinking of Summer and Family


Well, much to the joy and gloating of many an Arizonan, we here in Zion are preparing for snow tomorrow.  That left me thinking about warmer fun, like the trip we took with Kathleen's family to Bear Lake in August.  It was a great trip for me, even if all I had done was get up to see the sunrise above. But happily, Kathleen's family is one of the great joys in my life. I love being with them. To a person, they are wonderful people. And how fun it is to see my kids interact with theirs -- no doubt cousins have a special bond that just works. Unless, of course, you have just been told you are the shortest one, and you vehemently disagree.  Just ask Keegan, who was not thrilled with his spot in this photo, and kept insisting, despite all evidence to the contrary, that he was NOT the shortest.  So sorry little man.  Genetics can be brutal.



Boats and water seem to bring out the best in kids, though, and we had happy campers all the way around. Never is Keegan happier, however, than when he has the undivided attention and affection of his mother.  Between that and being on a fast boat, he was in heaven.


The boys loved the sand, and Kate tried to channel her California Girl self by spending hours balancing on a windsurfing board.



Shortly after this photo, Jared, his wife Kelly, their boy Jude, and their soon-to-be-born-in-England girl, Hazel, left for the mother country, to study at the London School of Economics.  We are missing that very handsome family quite a bit these days. Alden keeps asking, 'When can I meet Baby Hazel?'  We are all anxious to meet her, but have no idea when that will happen. To make matters worse, we also recently found out that Nate and his family may be moving to England as well.

We are not fond of this flight from our native state, and so decided to post a couple of photos to remind them of everything they will be MISSING (just try and find water skiing in England you two -- those people are pasty white for a reason, you know).




Besides, how could I pass up the chance to post a picture of Jared in that really sweet speedo he loves to wear.  I don't know, maybe the boy was always destined for  Europe, where they don't snicker at those things. . . . :-)


Total hot babe slaloming.  She doesn't like to miss out on the fun.


Whether it be the Soon to Depart Moons, the Already Gone Moons, or the Long Gone Moons (Shaun and Trish, that would be you, Mr. and Ms. never come home for Christmas), Utah is not the same without them.


Case in point -- just last night, Kathleen's siblings (see photo of the Utah crew above) and their spouses made the annual pilgrimage to the Temple, in remembrance of Kathleen's mom, who raised a truly amazing family of eight great kids (one of whom is absolutely spectacular). We missed those who couldn't be there.  It is such a wonderful thing to be in the Temple surrounded by people you love.  Thanks for letting me in, Moon clan.  It would be a joy and a privilege, even if I didn't get to marry the really spectacular one :-).

3 comments:

s said...

Now I love Utah. I love my tribe even more. There is one thing however that makes my head spin at the prospect of returning--Utah Republicanssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Sorry, passed out for a second there.

Love you guys!
Mr. Never-come-home-for-Christmas

Hillary said...

Oh I was just thinking of you guys! Brian and I spent the weekend in San Francisco for a dental convention and I had a few days to explore the old area! I headed up to Tiburon- Blackies Pasture to go running on that beautiful trail and wanted so badly to just run up to your old house! So much has changed but I had lots of memories flooding my brain while we were there! Miss you guys and hope all is well! Your kids are ADORABLE!!!

The Littlest Moons said...

Oh we miss you all! That was a great trip! I appreciate no pictures of me up on this blog, and Jared's great photo! THATS MY MAN! You just earned serious browny points in my book. The picture of Jared and Jude is priceless! What a great picture. I love it, thanks.