Saturday, February 28, 2009

Bath Time and Bed Time

The boys have been doing a lot of swimming lately, and really love how swim goggles open a whole new world of seeing under water. Bath time has become just another opportunity on that front.

Keegan is still working on it.

But Aldy is already a natural.  

Keegan does love to float on his back, though, and can do it for some time.  He also loves holding his breath and putting his head under water just like his brother.  While he looks positively pastoral above, the following two photos tell you more about him, and his attitude, than perhaps any others I have taken.

Kind of gives water pipe a new meaning . . .

'nuf said.


This one also says a lot about Alden's general approach to life, unless, of course, he has been watching Star Wars. Then there is this sudden transformation . . . .


Unlike bath time, bed time is a battle around our house. A real battle. Seriously.  I always win in the end, but not before taking my share of blaster bolts to the face.  Explains a lot, I suppose. . . .



And so it was, that the Master Jedi of the house finally prevailed against the forces of darkness and chaos . . . . not.  I had to put in another full hour of maximum effort just to get them to the read story stage.  Ugh.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh they are so adorable. I am glad that I found your blog. It is so fun to see what is going on with you guys since we so rarely get to see you. Mark and I just started a blog but since we don't have kids yet, it is not quite as exciting markbroadbent.blogspot.com but it is so fun to see your cute kids! -love your cousin Amy

Lainie said...

That is hilarious! Our bathtime is more like floodtime! We should invest in an arc to stay afloat. ;0)

Cyrus and Annie said...

I love the goggles...crazy and crooked!!

Annie said...

Our bedtime hour is not nearly as exciting as yours. Drew has taken over the bathtime/bedtime routine recently. It's nice for him to bond with the little buddy and give me a break at the end of the day.
Keegan has got some major personality! I'm still laughing at that photo series.
Oh and P.S. my mom thinks you're hilarious. She always looks on my blog comments to see what witty things you may have to say.