Monday, June 15, 2009

BRYCE II

So here are some pics from our last day in Bryce, which was, unlike all prior days, sunny as can be. I woke just after dawn, and headed to Inspiration Point for these photos. One of the hard things about photographing in Bryce is that even though it takes your breath away to see it in person, every photo you can possibly take seems to have been done before, like the one above.  Some of the below will also fall into that category, but I did try to find something new in a few of them. Let me know what you think.





This one was taken from Bryce Point, at over 9000 feet, and there I learned the plateau from which Bryce drops away is called "the Aquarius Plateau."  What an appropriate name, as this place is otherworldly.  Nowhere is that more evident than when you hike down in, which we did with the kids in tow. 



They were really pretty good on the way down the Navajo Loop, and Alden and Kate were troopers on the way back up.  However, Keegan's attitude about the climb out left only one word to describe his mother: "SheWoman," as the photos below attest.



On the way out of dodge, we actually saw this pronghorn, which was an added treat. So ended our Bryce Canyon weekend.

3 comments:

The Molen's said...

Home sweet home! I am gasping. How could I forget how beautiful it is. I asked Alyssa if she wanted to come see one of the prettiest places on earth and showed her your pictures. Maybe someday soon, I can take her there. I think of organ pipes and wind chimes, then I think of music, then I think Happiness, then I think Heaven! Thanks for sharing! That was refreshing!

Claudine Cable said...

I'm so glad I found your blog through Julie's. Your photos are breathtaking and your narratives are a rare treat. It was great to see Southern Utah, as I sit here in Wales. Strangely, your weather is far wetter than ours this year.

kristine said...

What an adventure!!! It is beautiful to see through your lens.. you capture and let us partake of the fabulous Bailey life!! Its lovely to holiday with family! And yes!!! What a she women Kathleen is.. I have had a fare share of those moments but kudos to women who hike with buddies on their backs!