Sunday, June 19, 2011

Melts Me


Keegan made my whole day today.  I was buckling him into the car, and he said, "Dad, you know what I love about you? "

"What?" I asked.

"Everything."

He is the best. His favorite thing to do is snuggle in the wee hours of night or day.  He can’t sleep alone to save his life, he just really needs someone (usually Alden or his mom) to cuddle with.  One night a couple of weeks ago, none of those options were available, but I was in bed, and I asked him if I would do. “Oh, I guess so” was the less than enthusiastic response.  But then he got in and snuggled up, and after a few minutes, he quietly said, “Dad, did you know that butterfly kisses are really special?”  Immediately followed by, “I am going to give you two butterfly kisses!” Which he did.  


So what's not to love about being the dad of Keegan?  Not a thing. 

No comments: