Saturday, August 24, 2013

Biggest Rainbow Ever?


This morning, I woke up and saw that it had been raining overnight.  There is no more amazing smell on the planet than Utah after an August rainstorm.  It is one of my favorite things, so I headed out the door and was greeted by the sight above.  I immediately busted for the hills to do a quick hike, bush-wacking straight up the mountain side near my house. Look at what I found:




I think it may be the biggest rainbow I have ever seen, arching over my home town, with its end planted at Big West's North Salt Lake refinery, of all things. Given our past few weeks with my poor dad, it was a nice reminder that God sends comfort when needed.  Maybe feeling a little of what Noah felt. The rainbow soon faded to this:


But I continued hiking up the hillside, which was a workout and provided its own beauty:


and left me with this last view, of my little town Bountiful:


Not a bad way to start the day.  Still praying for Dad, who is always on my mind, but maybe with a little more faith today. Grateful.

2 comments:

Claudine Cable said...

Oh how I love Bountiful! So glad you are posting again and regularly. Keep it up - you inspire all of us.

Julie said...

Wow!! I LOVE the pictures. Do you always carry a nice camera with you? Best to your Dad and your family.