Sunday, September 29, 2013

Looking for Color in All the Wrong Seasons


Fall here has been a sad affair.  The past summer was so hot and dry, and snowfall last year so light, that all the leaves have gone straight to brown this year, trees stressed far beyond any ability to produce the reds, yellows and oranges I so love.  It has left me hungry for color. So I have gone looking for it in all the wrong seasons, namely spring, and found it, in this photo of the Soapstone basin.

Barely an hour and a half from our house, and only 20 minutes from Park City, in a good, wet year this place is a magical carpet of flowery color, easily accessible by car.  It may be all of the color I get for a while, as winter seems poised to come.   Not sure how much of this man-made global warming thing I believe, and think maybe global cooling could be worse (Ice Age, anyone?), but I will be praying for snow, snow, snow, from this point until about next May.

No comments: