Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Found It, or at Least, Some of It


Tonight after work I hit the road into the national forest behind my house, to see if I could find a little bit of fall still clinging to the trees.  I think I finally found some . . .


While it may not seem too colorful (the trees are very drought stressed), the moment itself was amazing.  As I took these, I was alone in cool, crisp fall air, surrounded by silence (hardly another soul in sight), at least until a lone coyote began howling at the moon.  I sat for 40 minutes or so, snapping a way, and listening to a lonely song dog pour out his soul to the wild.  You just don't get that every day.

I capped it off with a grand, sunset view of the Great  Salt Lake,  


And a crescent moon over city lights.


Not bad for driving a mere 20 minutes from my home.  

No comments: