Monday, May 28, 2007

For Our Dear Departing Dentals

Through our ward (local church congregation) we know quite a few dental students who are attending the University of the Pacific. They are amazing. Faithful. Giving. Dedicated. Terrific parents. Wonderful friends. Very smart -- with one exception. Many are from Arizona, and they insist on returning to Arizona in the middle of June after they finish school. How they can do this after experiencing the nice, COOL San Francisco weather is beyond us. Who willingly lives in a place where you are one power failure away from death by heatstroke? Perhaps they are inexplicably drawn to the beauty of Metropolitan Phoenix. In a last ditch effort to save them from this fatal attraction, we post a few pictures from Brett's commute.

A San Francisco morning commute.









A San Francisco evening commute.










'Nuf said.

10 comments:

Annie said...

Gorgeous photos! We'll post some of the D.C. area when we get there to see if we can convince anyone to come our way! :)

Candice said...

Beautiful tribute to dear San Fransisco. Not good enough. Arizona here we come!!! (You are SO obnoxious!)

Jenn said...

IF only I had my camera, I would post pictures of our lovely road construction in UT:) Cause that is what we see on our daily commute. Those are BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!

Anonymous said...

So, I'm a really good friend of your sister, Tricia. I found your blog through Candice, my cousin and also Tricia. Whoah... maybe I should move back to my roots (Sacramento) and forget about my family in Arizona! You are so right about death by heat stroke! After all this, can you believe I will be moving back there someday??? Hopefully Bryan and Tricia will follow! What is it about AZ?!

The Molen's said...

Great pictures. I wish I could entice you with photo's of Philly. Ya right! But WE are in Philly, and I think we are on the pretty side! :o) Are we enticing enough for you?
Love the Pretty Philly Molen's. In fact you've enspired me........

Katie said...

Wow, you are quite the photographer! Your talents never cease to amaze us. Boy, if only we could AFFORD to stay!

Brett Bailey said...

Thanks for the comments on the photos! I'm loving my Nikon! Allison, all I can say is "DON'T DO IT!" Its like a moth to the flame kind of thing . . . no good can come of 110 degrees at midnight, no matter how hard Candice tries to pretend to the contrary.

Hillary said...

What beautiful pictures! The closer we get to leaving, the more I wish we weren't for several reasons! BBut when we moved here three years ago, I left my heart in MESA!

Tracy said...

AMEN!! What is it about Mesa?? Boggles my mind... flat, brown, dead, HOT, weedy and not a whole lot to do... don't tell them I said that!!

Melissa said...

So pretty. We sure miss it. Thanks so much for letting me know about your wonderful blog! I will add yours onto mine too if that is okay. Your kids are absolutely beautiful! Your blog has so many good links of all our old friends. Thanks! So wonderful. We hope you are well.
Peter and Missy