Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Abandoned for Bunco

Yes, it is true. I've been left for Bunco. With a blithe wave (not even a kiss), and without looking back, this kitchen and three children have been unceremoniously dumped in my lap. And one of those children was Alden. How did this happen? I remember cooking oatmeal for breakfast (one pan, four bowls, four spoons), but we ate at the park for lunch and fed the kids McDonalds for dinner. Is this a test? What dark forces are at work? Have any of my fellow bunco widowers suffered similarly? Do they ever come back? Desperately inquiring minds want to know . . . .

7 comments:

Cyrus and Annie said...

My husband's suffering far exceeds yours...yesterday was our anniversary and he came home from school to a mess and four hungry kids and a wife saying "BUNCO" and running out the door. He cleaned and put the flowers in water and hoped for an anniversary not on the first Wednesday! (We already planned to celebrate on the weekend instead since school wipes him out every day!)

The Molen's said...

Good for Kathy....not so good for you, Brett. I do this to Bryan every now and then. But not for Bunco.

mb said...

I'm sorry I missed Kathleen at Bunco! If you think your story is bad, Bill had to attend a couples baby shower with me last night :)

mb said...

Oh, and will sweet little K be at church on the 26th of August for the primary program? We are also having a primary program/goodbye party.
Malinda

Lainie said...

That is so funny! I laughed outloud!!! Yes, that's what my kitchen looks like when I leave once a month and it is the BEST feeling!!! Thanks, bishop, for letting Kathleen celebrate with us. We ate and talked and played some intense Bunco! And - she even won a prize!!!! YIPPEEEEE!!!

Candice said...

I want to know what culinary masterpiece came out of that cooking fury! Whatever it was, if the mess was any measure of its deliciousness... YUM!

Hillary said...

the view from your kitchen window is enough for me to want to move back right now! I would clean dishes in that kitchen any day!