Tuesday, August 21, 2007

They Don't Call it Sur for Nothin'

Any place this dramatic deserves to be called 'Sir.' I don't know if words can ever describe it, really. They all come in a jumbled rush: amazing, awesome, spectacular, remarkable, special. Common words for an otherworldly place. What I do know is that watching a sunset from Big Sur can change your life. It is something that will never leave you. These pictures may not even do it justice, but if you look at the first one really close, near the bottom, you will see two tiny spots on the beach. Those are people, and give you a sense of the scale here. If you haven't been here, you should go.






2 comments:

The Molen's said...

Brett, would it be bad timing to say, you should have been a photographer? I really mean this as a compliment.......I have always envied your talent. Those pictures ARE better and bigger than "simple" words!

Lainie said...

All I can say is...WOW! I must go. I must go. I must go...now!