Saturday, September 22, 2007

Guess no one reads us any more, but we'll post anyway

So, have you ever posted a photo that you were sure would draw some comment, and then you get nothing? Zero. Bupkas. Don't you hate it when that happens? I thought that about my last post. And, you guessed it, ZILCH. Nada. Oh well. Serves me right for going so long between posts. Well, we aren't going to let that deter us, no way. We are going to keep on posting because that is just the kind of people we are. So there.

Now that we have that bit of unpleasantness out of the way, here are a few pics from our house. This first one is Keegan, who clearly enjoys the front lawn. Heaven forbid that we should ever let him near those flowers.


We have been greeted by spectacular August/September thunderstorms during our first three weeks, and the skies have been spectacular. I was concerned when we left the Bay I would suffer creatively, without all that exquisite scenery around to fuel my desire to photograph. Despite all the unpacking left to do, I finally had to get on my roof and take a picture of a sunset over Antelope Island. As nice as the one below was, it is not even close to some of the really amazing ones we've seen in just a few short weeks (unfortunately, I have been so busy unpacking I failed to photograph those-- so much for sacrificing for my art).





Those skies have brought with them a surprising amount of rain, and Alden has discovered the advantages of living on a hill during a rainstorm. It sure beats the heck out of going to Costco, which is where I naively thought we were headed when I opened the door.


Kate has never been a sloucher when it comes to frolicking in the rain, and this day was no exception.


The only reason for the glum faces is that they had to come in and take a bath.


Many more things to post, but this will have to do for now. We live in a state of perennial exhaustion these days (and YOU thought we were moving to UTAH), and I need sleep. Hopefully, this post will garner a little more attention than the last!!

14 comments:

mb said...

we still read ya! (just had to make that known :)

Candice said...

This makes TWO- TWO readers of the Bailey's blog. And we love it, so keep it coming. :) I think I am going to comment on your previous post now.

Annie said...

And THREE (to get ready and off we go)!
I need to make sure I comment everytime I read or you'll think I'm not looking.
Sure glad you are enjoying the rain. Kate's expression over the down pour was terrific!

kimminla said...

Number 4 here :) I think that we were all just so thrilled to have you posting again that we forgot to comment!! You are seriously the most diligent blogger that I know, so when you were gone, it was really sad! We are glad that you are posting again, the kids look ADORABLE! Have fun in the rain!

karen said...

OK Brett. Were you fishing for comments or what?

Seriously, though. We are still reading and loving your blog. We're glad the move went well and that you seem to be enjoying that other place you moved to (despite the unpacking nightmare we all don't enjoy).

We miss you guys!

Jenn said...

I still read all the time, but sometimes blogger is stupid and won't let me post it is a pain!!! But I hear you stopped by Hardings yesterday and got a peak at their new home! GORGEOUS huh;-)

The Molen's said...

The picture of the hill with one tree standing caught on fire one time. It was struck by lightning. I remember watching it for a few years after the fire and every year it would get a little more green. AH, the memories. I am so glad you are in the house!!!

Katie said...

Don't worry, we still check your blog too! Glad to see you settling in your new home!

hannie bailey said...

I read your blog all the time Brett! I love your posts!

MommaG said...

I check you often and love seeing your sunsets from you balcony now. I did miss the clouds but I photographed similar popcorn clouds about 5 years ago. Must be a genetic mother-son bond with the index finger on the digital button instead of the remote control. Momma G

Cyrus and Annie said...

I love kids playing in the rain...oh and the last post said it all so no comments were necessary!!

Candice said...

Just bringing the number of comments to an even twelve. :)) And you thought no one was reading...

Patience said...

looks like I'm lucky #13. I still read your blog. I love the pictures of the kids in the rain. That brings back so many memories. I would spend hours in the rain as a child. Singing, dancing, etc. Ohhh...to be a kid again! We miss you guys! I heard you ran into Elder Kemsley there. What a small world!

Lainie said...

Love it! I want to see more of the house too! Thanks for posting!!!