Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Last Night



There was still much to do to get ready for our big move, but there was a full moon on the bay, and the fog was just rolling in. I dropped everything and ran down to the beach path near our home for a few night photos. Let's just say that San Francisco is not an easy place to leave.

Earlier in the week we had gone to Stinson, and had a wonderful dinner at our friend Harriet's house. Here is the sunset view from her front yard. I don't know if I could ever leave, Harriet, but we all do what we must, and heaven knows the Bay Area exacts a price for its beauty.



Much more to post, including a big THANKS! to all who helped pack us up, but it is late and I am exhausted from the whole constant unpacking, heavy furniture moving, life organizing ordeal. I apologize for the long delay between posts -- we are just now seeing light at the end of the tunnel (which is made of boxes, of course). Hopefully, you have not abandoned us, dear readers . . . Let us know, and we promise to be more faithful posters from this point forward. God bless.

2 comments:

Candice said...

Beautiful, really beautiful shots of your last night in San Fran. I wish you all the best in getting to the bottom of the box mountains. Soon!

Bethany said...

Those are beautiful! Although I'm excited to move it really will be difficult to leave. And I haven't lived here as long as you, so I can only imagine what it took.