Saturday, September 29, 2007

Oh the weather outside is frightful!

Snow. In my yard. All day. Sticking around through the night. And I am headed to Canada (yes, the "Great White North") for work all next week. Wondering if it is too late to move back, or even, gulp, to try Arizona instead. Can you tell we have been under a prolonged period of stress?!

When things like this happen (cold and stress and nearly losing your mind) there is only one thing to do. Think about Hawaii! And so I did. I have been wanting to post pictures from our trip to Maui last February for a long time, and today seemed as good a day as any to do so, at least as my answer to the stress and snow.

The islands are nothing short of magical. I experience a truly physical change when I get there. Blood pressure drops. Heart beats slower. Mind stops racing. Time seems to stand still long enough to actually take the world in. What a gift. Your worst day on Maui will be better than your best day in most other places in the world. Why is that, you may ask? Well, it may have something to do with the fact that your day starts with sunrise on Haleakala . . .






Then moves on to humpback whales, sea turtles, beaches and sand . . . .







And finishes off with fish tacos and sunsets like these . . .






So if you are feeling stressed, or having to deal with snow, just put on a little Sonny Lim, or Brother Iz, and stare at these photos for a while. You will notice the change, I promise.

By the way, thanks to all who commented last week. It is nice to fish for comments and actually catch some. Especially when they are from such high quality people! Doubt I will be posting much from Canada this week, but I may have a few shots to share when I return next Saturday. Blog you then.

3 comments:

kara said...

Ah, good memories! Glad you are back to blogging...we also just did a big "catch up." Life sneaks up on you, and blogging suffers. Hope all is well!

Author said...

Wow! those photos are beautiful. We just got back from Utah (last night) and loved the cold weather change. We miss you all here.

Bethany said...

You've got me day dreaming of Hawaii and I haven't even been there yet. Someday. . .someday we'll make it.