Monday, March 10, 2008

Coincidence?

My dad's Bishop has a son, Eric Stuart (now Elder Stuart) who goes into the MTC on Wednesday, in preparation for his LDS mission. The Stuart's are good friends of our family, and it was an exciting coincidence, if you believe in that sort of thing, to learn that Elder Stuart will be going to the San Francisco, Spanish speaking mission. I wonder if he will run into that character named Blair. Chances are good, I think. It would be a good thing; Elder Stuart will be a great missionary, and we know that El Presidente can use all the help he can get.

We met with Elder Stuart on Sunday, and gave him the lowdown, about how great the Bay Area is, and especially how spectacular the members of the church are. We know he will do well, and we are jealous of the great people he will get to meet. Just in case the opposition he will face gets to him, however, we post a photo to remind him what spring looks like at home. At least he is not tracting in this.

2 comments:

The Molen's said...

It's a small world. I bet he appreciated hearing about his new home from someone who is very familiar with it. What a blessing for him. I love your pictures in the previous post too! That tree is beautiful. Is it a red trunk I see? Awesome!

Annie said...

Yes I'm sure he will serve under El Presidente Blair. What a wonderful coincidence.