Thursday, June 5, 2008

I Take It All Back

Yes, I take it all back.  All that stuff about "Two-Foot Tornado" and "Captain Train Wreck." (See "Nominations Please" below).  The aspersions about hair-pulling and food-dumping, diaper-wrestling and brother-baiting?  Gone.  All gone. 

What could possibly cause such a drastic change in my story,  you may ask?  Have I suddenly gone into politics where such things are routine? Found a new religion?  Been forced to eat soap?  No, nothing like that, dear readers.

But I have been traveling quite a bit for work lately -- three days in Bakersfield two weeks ago, three days in Washington, DC this week.  As I returned home from the Bakersfield trip on a Thursday night, Keegan ran to me, arms raised, and when I lifted him up he wrapped them around my neck in the tightest hug ever by a one and a half year old, all the while kicking his little legs for all he was worth and exclaiming "Daddy! Daddy!" over and over again.  It lasted for at least two minutes.  On my recent return from DC this week, he grabbed both of my cheeks in his paws (regrettably they are such very grabbable cheeks) and pulled my face right into his for a big old smacking lip to lip kiss. He did this at least 10 times, grinning between each one.

So I take it all back. Every last jot and tittle. He is an angel.  Dream-boy. Wonder-child. Perfection.  And he can do whatever he wants, dang it. 

No comments: