Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Babes


Here they are, Kathleen and her sister and sisters-in-law (missing only Tricia who was still in Philadelphia), AKA The Babes. They decided to have not one, but two girls nights out between Thanksgiving and Christmas. The funny thing is, not only do they plan the night out for themselves, but feel compulsion to plan what their poor husbands should do while they are gone. (As in, "now, at 6:30 all of you will gather at the Baileys, so the cousins can play. At 7:10 you will cook 3 Papa Murphy's pizzas, followed by game of hide and seek, then stories, and a christmas movie.")

So I'm curious, is it just me, or does any other husband out there have a wife who thinks he is basically incapable of managing the kids well on a girls night out? Does every woman think, as she leaves the house "heaven forbid we should leave this unstructured, who knows what damage they could do . . . ?"

2 comments:

Candice said...

Thank you for sharing this brilliant idea. I'm with Kathleen.

Natalie N said...

This was hilarious. I'm laughing out loud over here tonight. I love that the ladies left you guys a schedule for the kids. I guess I don't go out on enough "girls' nights" to know that leaving an agenda for the dads is the thing to do! Thanks for the idea, Kathleen! :)