Sunday, July 19, 2009

Albion Basin


Six months ago Uncle Salty Pants had the foresight to schedule a group campsite at Albion Basin Campground for this past weekend. I don't have time to write a lot, but will say this:
  • More wildflowers than you ever have the right to see in your lifetime: check
  • Great alpine hiking: check
  • 105 degrees in Salt Lake Valley, 78 degrees at the campground: check
  • Ptarmigan anxiously watching her chicks crossing the road: check
  • Rufous colored Marmots: check
  • More ground squirrels than you can throw a rock at trying to steal your lunch: check
  • Giant moose with velvety antlers: check
  • Mountain lake to dip your toes in on a hot day: check
  • Happy children and very good company: check
  • 24 blissful hours without thinking about work: check




World's cutest camper, right there.



White Columbine at the campground.

The cousins and Devils Castle.

The Campers.

The Lunch Thief.


Cecret Lake.


Cousins holding hands. Cracks me up.









I can't tell you how much I needed that this weekend. I am ever thankful for those tender mercies.

8 comments:

Julie said...

Awesome!! I will be there Wednesday night for a nice hike to check out the wildflowers. Albion Basin is one of our favorite places in Utah.

mb said...

I cannot believe how big the kids are. Glad the family got a chance to do this in the midst of all else.

Candice said...

My, but those are beautiful pics. I love that the Baileys take every opportunity to enjoy this wonderful world Heavenly Father created for us!

Annie said...

I can't tell you how jealous I am. I mean, Korea has got its perks and fun places to visit, but nothing compares to the great West of the U.S. It's God's country.

kristine said...

BEAutiful!! As usual your adventures are Heaven's masterpieces.. I just wanted to let you know we're thinking of you!

mb said...

how are there no weeds in that natural environment but our yard it nothing but weeds?

Lainie said...

Simply breathtaking! Thanks for letting us live your experience through you!!!

pcj cool said...

Brett,

I hope you had a super strong telephoto for those moose photos? It looks like you were close enough to saddle the thing and I don't believe they take kindly to that sort of interruption. Believe me, I can tell stories about me and moose.