Saturday, January 26, 2008

That's My Girl

For Christmas this year, I gave Kate her very own digital camera, so that she could come with me on Photo expeditions. Today was our first one, down to Farmington Bay National Wildlife Refuge, to see Bald Eagles. What a great day. Her photos follow, with commentary by Kate.


It was a sunny Saturday, and we went out to see some birds. This is my self portrait as we got out to see the birds.


I took this picture of Dad because I think he is the best dad in the world. (That was not coached or prompted in any way, and alone, was worth the price of the camera)


I took this picture because it reminded me of friendships between friends, dads, moms and kids. And I thought it was kind of cute.


I really like birds, but I was surprised to get a picture, so perfect, of two eagles sitting in a tree. It was so close, and I got the eagles so detailed, that I had to cut out part of the tree, but I still think it is a wonderful picture.


I took this picture of the seagull because it could really show its camouflage. When I took it, I could hardly see it was there.


I was amazed to see so many birds in one large group at this watering hole. I couldn't help but take four or five pictures of it!


I liked this sunset so much, I especially sometimes like the smoke of the refineries. Today I thought it looked so pretty, I just could not help taking a picture of it, even though I normally don't like the refineries!

That's My Girl!

10 comments:

The Littlest Moons said...

I didn't even know there was a Farmington Bat National wildlife refuge, we need to hang out with the amazing flying Baileys more often. Wonderful pictures Kate! Looks like she takes after her dad!

The Molen's said...

Wow, a budding artist! Great job Kate. I love the pictures. It's nice to see pictures to remind me of home. Thank you! Miss you sweetie! -Love Aunt Tricia

The Littlest Moons said...

Kate those are some serious pictures! I thought your portraits were especially great. Great job! Nice work Kath and Brett on the greatest single digit aged photographer in the world. She is taking after her dad behind the camera.

I think that we can all agree with Kellee on the Farmington Bat thing. Who knew that we had a bat refuge so close to home. Strange how there are no caves there too. Just kidding Kell.

Thanks for the fun stuff guys.

kristine said...

She's got talent and words to capture your heart! What a great idea.. we have honestly thought the same gift for Mya.. so now it is completely confirmed! A beautiful day for you!

Katie said...

Wow, she's evidently got that Bailey knack for photography and commentary. Glad you all are doing well.

Amy said...

Hi Brett,
I am a faithful reader of your blog, but I've never commented. I really am enjoying the pictures and descriptions of the funny and amazing things your brood say. Also you are an especially great writer.
Love-Amy

Annie said...

Kate you do me proud! I love you.

Candice said...

Kate, I am so impressed, but not at all surprised by your talent. What beautiful photos! I hope to see more sometime! Miss you!

MommaG said...

Love sharing your thoughts.

Bethany said...

Wow, she sure is a talented little lady.